Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Awakener

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2011
Not really.

iOS gaming in general isn't very good in my opinion, due to the control scheme.

I do play games on my iPad and iPhone, such as Peggle, GTA Chinatown Wars, Where's my water and a few others, but anyone that takes gaming seriously will use a PC, Xbox 360 or PS3. The gaming experience on those machines are clearly better than anything iOS is capable of.

iOS gaming isn't even close. Games in each genre have similar limitations. For example instead of open world characters move a short distance and stand in one place. For really basic games it's ok.

mac00l

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2011
iOS is awesome for some kind of games.

Just as it is a pain to play RTS in a console, it is a pain playing FPS on an iPhone.

Nonetheless from my experience I believe RPGs found their nest in iOS. They are an absolute pleasure to play.

Bastion, Chaos Rings, The Worlds Ends With You, Zenonia, Lilli, Infinity Blade, etc... are amazing games that play amazingly well on the iPhone, not to mention the iPad.

I still buy games for my Xbox, but I don't play it for more than a weekend or two tops.

KoukiFC3S

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2010
I love iOS games with unique control schemes, the games with controls optimized for the touch screen.

I'm not a fan of virtual joysticks, but I do still like the console experience from time to time. I decided to buy the duo gamer controller. It only works with 5 gameloft games or so but the quality is excellent.

il1PE8Rl.jpg

spooky23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2013
Epping
Aside from Real Racing and Asphalt 7...any other recommendations? Most Wanted seems dumbed down and fun, but unsure (due to annoyance of silly AI). Then again, it is dumbed down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.