Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:28 PM   #1
usdoc
macrumors newbie

Question iPhone 4 not charging after getting wet in water

Hi, I recently stepped into a lake with my iphone in pocket. I realised it soon and came out quickly and saw that iphone was still working. But after sometime the battery went off completely. I tried to turn it on and charge but it was just showing a apple logo and then turning off again and it was just repeating this apple logo on apple logo off. I kept my iphone in uncooked rice jar for about 3 days but it hasn't helped either. I tried putting on charging today again and it's the same problem. After hours of charging also it shows up 2% charging but as soon as I disconnect it from power it turns off. I tried connect to my macbook too but it's not being recognised by system.

Since display is working fine, is it just the battery problem? Is there any way it can be repaired? I had very recently spend about $80 to get a replacement for broken screen and now this water damage has happened.

Any help will be appreciated!

P.S. - I am using a Windows phone as a backup now, please also share any tips on how to get my contacts from iTunes on Macbook to windows HTC phone?
usdoc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
apple logo, contacts, not charging, water damage