Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 7, 2012, 04:54 AM   #1
Prawnstar69
macrumors regular

iMac and Apple TV

ok so i have an iMac 2007 model and iPad 1, i wanted to know if it can connect to appletv3 and how to connect all apple devices to appletv (Devices : Iphone 4, 4s, iMac 2007, iPad 1)
Prawnstar69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:13 AM   #2
boto
macrumors 6502

As in airplay? If it is than you won't be able to use it on the iMac and iPad products, since they are outdated and unsupported. You can connect it with the double tap home button on your iPhones and navigating to the left with an airplay icon option.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:42 AM   #3
Kroner
macrumors regular

Well you do have an option of using Airparrot with your iMac. There is a 20min demo to try and see how it works.

I believe you can use Airplay with your iPad 1, only thing is that you can't use mirroring. Although if you are sending pictures, videos or music, it should work.

Getting Airplay on the iPad is the same way as boto said with the iPhone. Another way is to press the Airplay icon on videos, picture and sound if the App supports it.
Kroner is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:54 AM   #4
Prawnstar69
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroner View Post
Well you do have an option of using Airparrot with your iMac. There is a 20min demo to try and see how it works.

I believe you can use Airplay with your iPad 1, only thing is that you can't use mirroring. Although if you are sending pictures, videos or music, it should work.

Getting Airplay on the iPad is the same way as boto said with the iPhone. Another way is to press the Airplay icon on videos, picture and sound if the App supports it.
are you sure air parrot will work with my imac?
Prawnstar69 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Kroner
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnstar69 View Post
are you sure air parrot will work with my imac?
That I am not.
However.
Like I said, it has a demo and it is free to download from their site. You can try all the features of the paid version for 20minutes.
Kroner is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac