Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alex225

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2012
Well I used to have a work laptop and use that for a bit of browsing, online chatting etc. Well it's all been locked down so no personal use of my laptop even on my own wi-fi.

So it was time to buy myself my own laptop and what better than an Apple one to go with my iMac. The Macbook Air is ideal for me as I wanted something compact, light and having the iMac I don't need all the features/spec of a Pro.

So off to the Apple store yesterday and picked up an 11" model, i7, 8gb and 256gb storage. Ideally I wanted 8gb as i'm aware they're not easy to upgrade if at all so that was a minimum but with my other half's teaching discount I was able to get a higher spec.

Either way, I'm so impressed with it as I was with my iMac. The speed it starts up with is amazing and it's as easy to use as a full time laptop/PC.

Well pleased with it!!

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2011
Am glad your happy with your purchase I have a MBA and its one of the best machines I have ever used.

Alex225

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2012
Over the moon with it really.

Keyboard works as well as using an external one, screen is sharp and it throws around the tasks I ask of it as quick as my iMac.

I don't know which would be the quicker device though. The iMac is an i5 quad core and 4gb RAM and the Air is an i7 dual core with 8gb RAM so don't know how much of a difference the processor would make in terms of speed.

For now both seem lightening fast compared to what I use every day at work. (Win 7 i7 with 4gb PC)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.