Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmagman

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
Calgary AB
very easy.

Find the world folder inside your Windows user folder - app data - roaming - minecraft - saves,

then copy the entire world folder you want and then on your mac place it inside your:

user folder - library - application support - minecraft - saves

App Data on your windows machine and your Library on your mac may be hidden (just google how to unhide them if they are).

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
very easy.

Find the world folder inside your Windows user folder - app data - roaming - minecraft - saves,

then copy the entire world folder you want and then on your mac place it inside your:

user folder - library - application support - minecraft - saves

App Data on your windows machine and your Library on your mac may be hidden (just google how to unhide them if they are).

Its my 1st Mac how do I access the user folder

doesn't matter sorted it ty very much

Last edited:

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
For anyone who knows, is it possible to transfer Minecraft worlds from xbox to PC or Mac?

And if you purchased this game over your xbox account, must it be purchased to play on Mac or PC? Thanks!

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
For anyone who knows, is it possible to transfer Minecraft worlds from xbox to PC or Mac?

And if you purchased this game over your xbox account, must it be purchased to play on Mac or PC? Thanks!

Online research indicates xbox to pc is not possible and xbox purchase is separate from mac/pc purchase. Yes, it's Mac compatible! :D

I started thinking what really cool environment could I create in Minecraft? Answer: Rivendell! ... except it's all ready been done and the project's scope is overwhelming.

Check out these links:
Project Rivendell.

Even more impressive- Resting at Rivendell (Nov 2012) located on the Recreating Middle Earth Project (MCME Server):

Question for Minecraft experts: On the Mac/PC or even Xbox version, does anyone know what the limits are for how high or low you can go? When I look at the Resting at Rivendell video, I wonder what they started out with, a flat world or used a "mountain" seed as a starting point?

Is there any mod that can expedite the building of mountains as portrayed in the video or is it all done block by block? In the video early on, the narrator says something about the mountains being "voxel". I have no idea what he's talking about, other than a possible reference that voxel= cube and all the mountains were built by hand. Confirmation? Thanks!

I think I'll just resign myself to make a nice little lair in a tropical mountain side overlooking a blue lagoon. Minecraft "starter" worlds make a huge difference in one's motivation. :D

2013-08-14_105342sm.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.