Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
not really surprising...

having been shopping for a barely used MBP over the past two weeks, i've noticed pretty much every unit has both MS office 2011 and CS6 preinstalled.

i'm not against a monthly fee but it should be priced fairly as if a purchased package was being depreciated over a normal time span of product usefulness. CS6 should be $675/36months=$18.75/mo. if priced correctly, a monthly fee would be like an interest free loan. and there should be an upgrade path allowance.

on the flip side, there's not anything that can't be cracked..this will not end their piracy woes.

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
having been shopping for a barely used MBP over the past two weeks, i've noticed pretty much every unit has both MS office 2011 and CS6 preinstalled.

i'm not against a monthly fee but it should be priced fairly as if a purchased package was being depreciated over a normal time span of product usefulness. CS6 should be $675/36months=$18.75/mo. if priced correctly, a monthly fee would be like an interest free loan. and there should be an upgrade path allowance.

on the flip side, there's not anything that can't be cracked..this will not end their piracy woes.

I wish I could name my own price.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
Did they start to release the new versions of CC?
Photoshop is already out I think. But what about other programs like dreamweaver? No application 'suite' to be released all at once, like it happened in the past?

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
My Adobe Application Manager lists all the CC as ready to install including Dreamweaver.

webexplorer

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2011
I am really done with the Adobe software. No more payment for every month. I will not give up to search for other software similar to Dreamweaver.

I was about to write a story, but I changed my mind not to write it.

It's really too bad that the Adobe banned its GoLive software.

Indeed, GoLive was a professional software. I believe that this software is still better than a Dreamweaver. In general & short, I would create a website using the GoLive that takes about 15 minutes of work instead of Dreamweaver's 30 or even 40 minutes of work because of too many hidden features that you have to find on Dreamweaver for your project. If you talk about CS that GoLive that does not come with it, why we still talk about it? Surely, GoLive would have added CS in it as long as it is not too complicated ...especially a very different way to use it than nowadays without too many step by step.

Adobe is a flagship company which is not good news to some of us. Sorry.

chuckcars

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2013
Western Colorado
Adobe Muse

I am really done with the Adobe software. No more payment for every month. I will not give up to search for other software similar to Dreamweaver.

I was about to write a story, but I changed my mind not to write it.

It's really too bad that the Adobe banned its GoLive software.

Indeed, GoLive was a professional software. I believe that this software is still better than a Dreamweaver. In general & short, I would create a website using the GoLive that takes about 15 minutes of work instead of Dreamweaver's 30 or even 40 minutes of work because of too many hidden features that you have to find on Dreamweaver for your project. If you talk about CS that GoLive that does not come with it, why we still talk about it? Surely, GoLive would have added CS in it as long as it is not too complicated ...especially a very different way to use it than nowadays without too many step by step.

Adobe is a flagship company which is not good news to some of us. Sorry.

Adobe integrated Go Live into Dreamweaver when they bought it many many years ago. Nothing better.

Muse is a drag and drop app which is easy to learn and works well. It is for people who do not want to write their own code. Highly recommended.

Creative Cloud is here to stay. I consider it priced right when you consider the fact you have access to ALL of their products.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.