Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TomG701

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Hi, I'm running an iPhone 5 at ios 6.0.2 and at home my internet is via HyBeam satellite. All connections via my wi-fi work very well (iPad and Mac) with one small 'glitch'.

The iPhone will randomly change the IP address to one via a LAN search domain and not the hns.com which is needed by my satellite system.

A 'renew lease' more often than often sorts out the issue but it does get to be a bind.

Any hints most appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

TomG701

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
That's what's puzzling me. The satellite system modem (hns) feeds into a wireless router - could that be throwing out the LAN IP address?

What I don't understand is that two iPads and a Mac don't experience the same problem, just the iPhone 5 and my partners iPhone 4 and those only started with the problem once we'd updated software to ios6.

Tom

Last edited:

TomG701

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
I have, it works but its a pain and still doesn't explain why the change over to LAN settings and also why it only affects our two phones running ios 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.