Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davyvfr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
Hello,

I have the iPad 3 16GB and from my understanding, if you don't have all the storage available for the entire season, it won't install. How could I get around this without having a MacBook or a PC nearby? Is it possible to download each individual episode from a season?

JoeFkling

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2013
where are you getting the episodes from?

Sometimes just a small bit of data management goes a long way. Choose to sync only the 3 oldest/newest episodes, etc. You dont have to have EVERY episode on there as Im sure you dont have time to watch them all at once.

WSR

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
Are you talking about episodes from iTunes?

If so, I do that all the time. You may just have to setup the iPad to "Manually manage music and videos" on the Summary page in iTunes. Then just drag the episodes, not the seasons, you want for now to the iPad.

Note that changing the setting could change what other things, like music, auto sync to the iPad.

davyvfr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
Are you talking about episodes from iTunes?

If so, I do that all the time. You may just have to setup the iPad to "Manually manage music and videos" on the Summary page in iTunes. Then just drag the episodes, not the seasons, you want for now to the iPad.

Note that changing the setting could change what other things, like music, auto sync to the iPad.

Sorry, I forgot to mention from iTunes. And I would not keep the entire season on the iPad, since it won't fit most likely in HD. What setting would I change exactly?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Sorry, I forgot to mention from iTunes. And I would not keep the entire season on the iPad, since it won't fit most likely in HD. What setting would I change exactly?

From the Summary tab in iTunes when your iPad is plugged in there's a setting to "Manually Manage Music and Videos". All this does is allow you to drag and drop music/videos to your iPad without having to select them from the appropriate sync tab. Since you mentioned about not having a PC near by, this won't help you at all.

I suggest just swiping each episode as you have watched it and deleting it from your iPad and yes, it's possible to download individual episodes from iTunes on your iPad. You are not required to download an entire season.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Hello,

I have the iPad 3 16GB and from my understanding, if you don't have all the storage available for the entire season, it won't install. How could I get around this without having a MacBook or a PC nearby? Is it possible to download each individual episode from a season?

That's only an issue if you are buying a full season pass directly on the iPad.

otherwise you can select the episodes you want, both for downloading and syncing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.