Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:17 AM   #1
tsuma
macrumors newbie

Question Do any iOS PDF apps support layers?

It seems that no readers, including Adobe Reader as of now, support layers in PDF documents.

Support for layers would allow me to insert "popup" images that appear whenever the user taps a certain phrase or area.

Last edited by tsuma; Nov 28, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
tsuma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:48 AM   #2
Ashwood11
macrumors 65816

What mouse?
Ashwood11 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2012, 10:55 AM   #3
pdfmax
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuma View Post
It seems that no readers, including Adobe Reader as of now, support layers in PDF documents.

Support for layers would allow me to insert "popup" images that appear whenever the user clicks a certain phrase or area, or even just hovers with the mouse above it.
Hi tsuma,

Please try PDF Max, free on the AppStore (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id540572073) to see its threaded-comments feature is what you're looking for.

Cheers
PDF Max - The #1 PDF app for iPhone/iPad. Fill Forms, Annotate PDFs & Take Notes and more!
Available on the AppStore in two versions: PDF Max Pro & PDF Max Free. Visit its flyer here
pdfmax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:28 PM   #4
tsuma
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwood11 View Post
What mouse?
Corrected. I meant taps an area.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdfmax View Post
Hi tsuma,

Please try PDF Max, free on the AppStore (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id540572073) to see its threaded-comments feature is what you're looking for.

Cheers
Thanks, but I am looking for an iOS App that supports layers. In addition to my need, GEOPdf files also have layers.

Last edited by tsuma; Nov 28, 2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:39 PM   #5
Ashwood11
macrumors 65816

"Corrected. I meant cursor."

What cursor? Are you using a device running the iOS operating system or are you using OSX?
Ashwood11 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:37 PM   #6
tsuma
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwood11 View Post
"Corrected. I meant cursor."

What cursor? Are you using a device running the iOS operating system or are you using OSX?
Ah, sorry. I am talking about iOS only. No cursors, no hovering. However what I need is the feature when tapping an element brings up / hides a layer, in addition to having layer control via a "layers" menu or option (much like Adobe Reader on the desktop does).

To date all iOS PDF reading apps are built on an engine that does not have the ability to select which layers are shown and hidden.

Last edited by tsuma; Nov 28, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:49 PM   #7
Ashwood11
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuma View Post
Ah, sorry. I am talking about iOS only. No cursors, no hovering. However what I need is the feature when tapping an element brings up / hides a layer, in addition to having layer control via a "layers" menu or option (much like Adobe Reader on the desktop does).

To date all iOS PDF reading apps are built on an engine that does not have the ability to select which layers are shown and hidden.
OK, now that we are on the same page, I have no suggestions as to an App that will do what you want.
Ashwood11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps