Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Jul 19, 2014, 01:24 PM   #501
masterific
macrumors newbie

viber or etisalat problem

Hi Viber,

Ive just recently relocated here in UAE 2 mos ago. Ive been using viber apps since I was in Singapore. And Im using the same smartphone I got from singapore telco. I subscribe to etisalat prepaid sim card, but I noticed everytime I send SMS outside UAE I was being charge with international SMS by etisalat eventhough I was connected thru wifi. I already raised complaint to Etisalat, but to no avail their support team cannot settle the issue. I try to remove and reinstall my viber apps but the same issue on intl sms charge still there. What is the root cause of this? Is there a bug on viber apps or etisalat system? Pls help. thanks
masterific is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2014, 05:45 AM   #502
Viber
macrumors 6502

Hi,

If you were sending a Viber-to-Viber message, the message is free, regardless of the country to which you are sending the message. Viber does not have the ability to send an SMS message to a non-Viber user.

A non-Viber message will be sent as an SMS message, which goes through your phone service provider (Elistat). Any charges incurred from the SMS messages will be from Elistat, not Viber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterific View Post
Hi Viber,

Ive just recently relocated here in UAE 2 mos ago. Ive been using viber apps since I was in Singapore. And Im using the same smartphone I got from singapore telco. I subscribe to etisalat prepaid sim card, but I noticed everytime I send SMS outside UAE I was being charge with international SMS by etisalat eventhough I was connected thru wifi. I already raised complaint to Etisalat, but to no avail their support team cannot settle the issue. I try to remove and reinstall my viber apps but the same issue on intl sms charge still there. What is the root cause of this? Is there a bug on viber apps or etisalat system? Pls help. thanks
Old Aug 12, 2014, 07:37 PM   #503
Get Bote
macrumors newbie

I was reading my viber messages and it suddenly disconnected. When i was trying to open it again it doesnt work anymore but i receive messages. Whats wrong? Should i uninstall? Will i lose all my groups?
Get Bote is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2014, 03:14 AM   #504
Viber
macrumors 6502

@Get Bote - We will need to look into this more in-depth. Please open a support ticket here: http://bit.ly/1aOwGy2
Old Aug 20, 2014, 01:37 PM   #505
Parya
macrumors newbie

Hi i am using IOS 5.0.1 and Ive deleted my viber by accident and now i cant download viber, because its requires IOS 6 or later, and i dont want to update my IOS, what should i do? How can i download Viber without updating my IOS??
Parya is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2014, 03:59 AM   #506
Viber
macrumors 6502

@Parya, Unfortunately, you will not be able to re-download Viber if you not meet the minimum requirement of iOS 6.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 06:24 PM   #507
regwiztr
macrumors newbie

Viber cannot be downloaded from Apple App Store

Hi,
Today I have tried several times to download Viber to my cousin's iphone 4s (recent ios) but not succeeded. Download starts and near to complete a message appears saying something like "viber cannot be downloaded + try again ". Actually I live in Turkey. Please check this if no downloads to other countries than USA etc. Among others Viber is cutest and most powerful messaging app I have ever seen yet.
regwiztr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2014, 06:39 AM   #508
Viber
macrumors 6502

Hi,

Please open a support ticket so that we can investigate this further. You can open a ticket here: http://bit.ly/1aOwGy2
Old Aug 24, 2014, 03:01 PM   #509
R03
macrumors newbie

Hi,

I received a message with an activation code even though I never requested one from viber and my account has been activated long time ago and running smoothly.
Does this mean someone is tryin to hack into my account?
R03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:55 AM   #510
Viber
macrumors 6502

It is likely that someone with a phone number similar to yours is trying to activate Viber, but mistyped and input your phone number instead.

You can simply disregard this message. Rest assured that no one will be able to activate Viber without that activation code. If you are concerned, you can delete this message off of your phone to be extra sure that no one accesses it.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 04:13 PM   #511
zidler
macrumors newbie

Hi!

Guys, your application is awesome. But i want to delete it now.
The thing is that we made a group chat of 50 people, i'm the admin. Someone added an ******* to our chat and now we cannot force him to leave!!!!
The conversation is not confidential. WTF people? How could you make such an application without the most vital feature? What were you thinking about?
Now we have to delete the whole group in order to get rid of him!
Guys, you'r driving mad a few dozens of people with this.
And i'm not even talking about the most basic feature - DELETE THE WHOLE DAMN GROUP! Everyone should leave group one after another?! Are you crazy or something!? I forced all these people to abandon whatzapp and switch to vibe and now i don't know what to do!!!!!
zidler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2014, 09:56 AM   #512
Viber
macrumors 6502

@zidler:

There are currently no admins in group chat, which is why you are unable to remove this participant. However, this is a feature that we are working on developing and should be available in future updates.

In the meantime, you can create a new group and ask the participants not to add any other users.

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to hear that, aside from this, you enjoy Viber!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps