Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Wow, that was unexpected. This may be just so devs don't freak out over Mondays expiry date and the public build will still come this week as Apple indicated when talking about the LTE rollout next week.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Wow, that was unexpected. This may be just so devs don't freak out over Mondays expiry date and the public build will still come this week as Apple indicated when talking about the LTE rollout next week.

Yea, this caught be off guard for sure...Who knows how long we will wait for the public release of 6.1 (as well as a JB now)...:(

I couldnt see them doing this and then doing a public release this week...They must have some serious bugs to squash in ios 6.1.

chekz0414

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
FL
The beta 5 isn't really a "beta" it's the GM, it is able to install without a Dev account and the ID is that unlike a beta, as I0nic has stated.

13hartc

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2012
It has expired!

I was at work today and at 8 pm today my phone could not be activated! I tried yesterday to do an OTA update and noting happened. So I was stuck without a phone driving home whit freezing rain. Now I am spending two hours downloading iOS 6 beta 5 for my iPhone and iPad instead of getting the delta updates!

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
You can update to beta 5 by downloading it in the developer portal, and updating through iTunes. This will solve the expiration period issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.