Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaroniguy

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2012
That seems fishy? I'll bet Adobe patches this so we end up screwed again.

Yes! You were so prescient! This was working fine until the recent cycle of updates to to Player 11.5 along with the web site software.

The official Player 11.1 no longer works on sites that have upgraded to the latest Flash and neither does the PPC version. Only a few sites seem to have jumped on the update so far, but as more do, this will become more vexing.

A new solution is needed!

Wildy

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
Alright guys, I've just modified the PPC flash plugin to work with 11.5 sites. Adobe reports that I'm running 11.5.502 and YouTube is working fine (ie. the flash plugin still functions) - but I don't know of any sites requiring 11.5 that I can test it with - any suggestions?

I will post the modified plugin shortly.

Also - why the necrobump?

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1495395/

Last edited:

mayuka

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2009
Sounds great. What exactly are you doing? Just changing the version string?

Wildy

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
Check the thread linked in my comment for more info - but yes, basically the version string has been changed to report back that it's 11.5. I read around a bit and apparently they actual check in a couple of places - so I've changed all the values to be on the safe side. Although I will find out exactly which values are checked at some point.

PowerPCMacMan

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2012
PowerPC land
And for some reason I still can't get 11.6 to show up and I have done all I could to modify the strings and download the files necessary to make it work. I guess 11.5 is better than nothing as 11.6 presents absolutely no difference whatsoever.

But the one the person on the discussions linked to was 11.5, so that's what I said.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.