Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scott Botkins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
I'm a web designer looking to purchase a mobile device to check my designs on. I don't like smartphones and refuse to own one. My question is does the iPod touch function the same as an iPhone without the phone part of course. I'm just wanting to browse the internet, since I would be paying $200 I'll probably use it for something else too.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Yup. Just like an iPhone without the phone, I'd get the newest model though. It runs MUCH smoother and will get updates for a while longer yet. The $199 model is pretty much at the end of its life

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Yes. The new iPod touch 5th generation performs like the iPhone 4S, looks like the iPhone 5 with 4" screen. It is defiantly powerful enough to do what you intend to do.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
I'm a web designer looking to purchase a mobile device to check my designs on. I don't like smartphones and refuse to own one. My question is does the iPod touch function the same as an iPhone without the phone part of course. I'm just wanting to browse the internet, since I would be paying $200 I'll probably use it for something else too.

iPod Touch 5th Generation should be fine for you. It has the ability to connect to high-speeds Wifi connection to provide a fast web-browsing experience.

Camera is also a very good improvement over the last generation if you want to take any photos anytime.

Overall, it's a very good device and I think it'll work out for you.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.