Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:44 AM   #1
kannesss
Banned

OtterBox or Leather Case

So I have an iPhone 5. I use it mainly for music, and to play games and social apps on. Nothing too crazy, just music work with apps is my main thing recently, and Angry Birds Star Wars lol.

I saw a case recently that was leather, and had a slim side pocket for a debit card. The thing I am wondering is, will this case, which is padded on the inside and has felt like material on the inside so no scratches, will it be better for the phone if i was to drop it? Its in a otterbox defender, but i have seen iphones crack in those still.

This is what the case looks like for reference:
http://hypebeast.com/2012/11/hard-gr...case-heritage/
kannesss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:32 PM   #2
aslnschld
macrumors newbie

If you are going for leather, I recommend this one. Great quality and a lot cheaper.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Leather-iPhone-5-Case
aslnschld is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:17 PM   #3
KojiH
macrumors regular

There is no way that a leather sleeve will be more protective than an Otterbox Defender for drops.

The only thing is that perhaps the screen is better protected for scratching with the leather sleeve since the screen is covered...

If it were me I'd be more concerned with dropping the phone or having it slip out of my hand when taking it out of the sleeve to answer the phone or text.
KojiH is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories