Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:34 PM   #1
rick snagwell
macrumors 68040

planning a wedding!

so we are planning our wedding...will be 9/7/13.

but i just got this 'graph' from the resort about how the group rates work for a block of 15 rooms we have reserved. can anyone decipher it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-14 at 3.44.03 .png
Views:	58
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	402580  
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:38 PM   #2
blevins321
macrumors 68030

Single, double, triple, quad, 5/6-person too. And CHL is child over 4 years old. Dates are their rates for the entire season of group bookings.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:43 PM   #3
rick snagwell
macrumors 68040

confused.

my friend says its if 4 people stay in a room, its 172 a person, which makes it 688.

but that room is regular 415 a night. how is that a group rate discount?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:04 PM   #4
blevins321
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick snagwell View Post
confused.

my friend says its if 4 people stay in a room, its 172 a person, which makes it 688.

but that room is regular 415 a night. how is that a group rate discount?
Does the "all inclusive" part make a difference?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:07 PM   #5
rick snagwell
macrumors 68040

well its an all inclusive resort?

im just saying where is the deal?

maybe its per person, so you can't just throw four people in a double room, and each person gets free food/drink at the resort. they make you pay for it in the rate?
Old Mar 15, 2013, 12:47 AM   #6
chown33
macrumors 603

Quote:

maybe its per person, so you can't just throw four people in a double room, and each person gets free food/drink at the resort. they make you pay for it in the rate?
You seem to have a lot of questions that can best be answered by talking to someone at the hotel/resort.
chown33 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:42 AM   #7
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chown33 View Post
You seem to have a lot of questions that can best be answered by talking to someone at the hotel/resort.
Agreed. Call the resort and ask them. Congratulations!
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2013, 07:47 AM   #8
samiwas
macrumors 65816

Quote:

This is exactly it. Most all-inclusives bill by the person and type of room, not just the room. Otherwise, you'll get a group of six college kids sharing the same room for cheap, yet using six peoples' worth of services. So yes, four people in a room i going to cost more than one or two people in a room, which is probably what the normal rate is accounting for.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 09:38 AM   #9
rick snagwell
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by chown33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Agreed. Call the resort and ask them. Congratulations!
wow, you guys are super helpful.

it was afterhours and this issue was bugging me so i thought i would come to a community forum and discuss it with my online friends. if you don't have an answer why do you reply at all?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas View Post
This is exactly it. Most all-inclusives bill by the person and type of room, not just the room. Otherwise, you'll get a group of six college kids sharing the same room for cheap, yet using six peoples' worth of services. So yes, four people in a room i going to cost more than one or two people in a room, which is probably what the normal rate is accounting for.
that seems to be the answer i am getting from a lot of people now, makes sense being an all-inclusive. thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:26 AM   #10
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
wow, you guys are super helpful.

it was afterhours and this issue was bugging me so i thought i would come to a community forum and discuss it with my online friends. if you don't have an answer why do you reply at all?[COLOR="#808080"]
To suggest to you that you have come to the wrong place for the answer to your question...and offering the suggestion as to where you might find the answer.

The fact that you were apparently too impatient to wait until you were able to call the place where you could get an answer to your question doesn't make the posts any less legitimate.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:34 AM   #11
rick snagwell
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
To suggest to you that you have come to the wrong place for the answer to your question...and offering the suggestion as to where you might find the answer.

The fact that you were apparently too impatient to wait until you were able to call the place where you could get an answer to your question doesn't make the posts any less legitimate.
Post #8 gives me a great answer.

impatient, I am using the power of the internet to get my answer now, and was hoping that someone else on MR forums maybe had been in the same predicament, and could share their story.

I think the beauty of these forums is getting different opinions and personally experiences.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 01:01 PM   #12
chown33
macrumors 603

Quote:
Post #8 gives me a great answer.

impatient, I am using the power of the internet to get my answer now, and was hoping that someone else on MR forums maybe had been in the same predicament, and could share their story.
But you won't really know if post #8 applies until you talk to the actual hotel/resort you're using. For example, you haven't posted the name of the hotel/resort, nor what state or country it's in. Things can vary by vendor and jurisdiction, as well as time of year.

I have always found that asking the person or organization actually responsible for the goods or service is the best way to get definitive answers, especially when it comes to pricing and what is being included in services.

If you're that impatient, perhaps spend that time writing down your questions in a clear and concise way, so you can be well organized and thorough when you talk to someone at the hotel/resort.

Quote:
I think the beauty of these forums is getting different opinions and personally experiences.
I originally gave you my opinion, based on years of personal experience: talk directly to the hotel/resort. Your impatience for a definitive answer may have led you to think it was something else.
chown33 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion