Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

medi.freak

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2011
hey guys!

Like many others, I am currently waiting for the 27" iMacs to be released. I just sold my MBP and THunderbolt Display for 1800€. The better 27" iMac is 1800€ for students at my University.

My question is: Should I upgrade to fusion drive right away or just install an SSD myself when I have the money for a 512GB one? Is it even possible to apply it yourself on the new iMacs?

Thanks for any answer!

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
hey guys!

Like many others, I am currently waiting for the 27" iMacs to be released. I just sold my MBP and THunderbolt Display for 1800€. The better 27" iMac is 1800€ for students at my University.

My question is: Should I upgrade to fusion drive right away or just install an SSD myself when I have the money for a 512GB one? Is it even possible to apply it yourself on the new iMacs?

Thanks for any answer!

Like most questions that come up about this - we simply do not know yet.

Until someone gets hold of one and takes it apart, we won't know how easy it will be (or if it's even possible) to make third party upgrades.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.