Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
M

Mr.damien

Looks really cool. But i prefer being able to see these things without having to click many times.

Yeah, the App trend now seems to show the less possible on a screen which is already small.

Long

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2006
I appreciate apps like this as experimentation - a way to try new ideas. But this feels like a concept in search of an app.

It's a great concept for an interface. It's a beautiful interface. But as a weather app, it's less useful than the stock iOS app, and requires more taps to get the same information.

I encourage this sort of experimentation, and I hope the cost of the app funds development of further new concepts, or a more useful implementation of the concepts they have. At the very least, I hope it encourages developers of more "utilitarian" apps to step up the level of design.

I agree that a solely gesture-based app is a recipe for trouble. I've deleted both Snapseed and iPhoto for iPad because they felt like too much trouble to learn. Something like Clear or Haze is easy enough to learn and remember, because these apps basically do one thing. More complex apps need chrome on the screen, with gestures as shortcuts.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I bought this (fortunately at the sale price) and deleted it right off. Someone mentioned it appears to only provide info on one location and, as far as I could determine, it has to be your GPS location. That hardly is serviceable. I couldn't find a way to enter zip codes for weather info, nor to have more than one location. Also, there didn't seem to be a way to mute the oh-so-cute sound effects that would drive me nuts after a while.

My favorite weather app is Living Earth (iPhone) and Living Earth HD or Living Earth Desktop for Mac. Very cool Earth satellite images with cloud formations plus localized weather for as many locations as you want. The Earth's satellite photo, constantly updated, rotates to your selected location with a tap. Weather is pretty accurate as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.