Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjoshi123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
I've got mac mini and I use external bluray burner to burn my discs on Macmini. I use Toast for this purpose. Everything works fine except I dont like the way toast creates menu - there is nothing professional looking from Toast menu system. Is there any better alternative for burning bluray discs on MAC ?

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
I use Adobe Encore. You can do anything you can think of... motion menus, audio loops, easter eggs, full control of all buttons... everything. Comes part of the Production Premium package.

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Toast and Adobe Encore are the only two BD burning applications I can think of on the Mac side.

The only downside with Encore is that it isn't available standalone; it only comes bundled with Premiere Pro, so the price of entry is kind of high.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
As others....

had said: Adobe Encore. But you have to shell out full price ($650 or so) or buy a monthly subscription (if eligible/applicable)....

:):apple:

boch82

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2008
Careful with toast. The discs playback fine on most players, but i've run into issues on some players (mainly Pioneers).

Compressor (although you have very little options) and Encore are the best bets from a compatibility standpoint.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.