Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdsii64

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Ok, I'm going to admit upfront this is a trivial question. With that being said, here goes. My mac pro has a few scratches on it. No really deep gouges or anything, just very noticeable scratches. I bought it used so I"m not tripp'n to hard. Instead of "fixing" them ( read doing something stupid to F-up my machine) I figured I would do what kids do, put stickers over them. Now comes the fun part. Dose anyone know where to find any large apple related stickers. something that would cover a complete side would be great.

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
I think you're still thinking too "adult" about this. The "kids" would cover it with many stickers from DC Shoe, the "Shocker" hand gesture, that grenade thing and a bunch of garage band stickers... not try to cover it all in one massive sticker. :p

rdsii64

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2008
I think you're still thinking too "adult" about this. The "kids" would cover it with many stickers from DC Shoe, the "Shocker" hand gesture, that grenade thing and a bunch of garage band stickers... not try to cover it all in one massive sticker. :p

I may have to come down from my "adult" perch. One large sticker is harder to find than I thought unless I want something big enough for a car door (chuckle)

Omnius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2012
I'd be a little nervous about covering an aluminum body mac with anything from paint to stickers. such things can work to insulate the case and keep it warmer with the fans working harder.

one side probably won't be an issue, more might be.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
I put stickers on my portables but not the big mac. There is something pleasant about causing chaos with a MBP, sorta like a stick in the eye to Mr. Ive

ABCDEF-Hex

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2013
NC
There you have it folks - the future of this forum

Maybe Mel Gibson will star in a Mad Max movie (set in 2020) about outlaws desperately scrounging for parts for their Mac Pro 1,1. Searching for a stash of NOS Mac Pro parts so they can keep their systems running as they type in comments about how Apple let then down in 2013.

gobsmacked

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2013
Alberta, Canada
How 'bout veneer?

Wood grain MacTac and you could cut out whatever logo you wanted using an Exacto knife. Or just stick on one of those Apple logo stickers that I seemed to get with everything.
Better yet get some real wood veneer and rubber cement it to the panels creating a Woody. It's pretty easy as the panels are flat.

OS6-OSX

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2004
California
Just make sure you use a good polish and keep it out of the sun!:D

Attachments

• MP 4.jpg
    MP 4.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.