Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattbrewster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
Hi all,

I connected a new Airport Express to my existing wireless network a few days ago and connected it to my stereo so I can make use of Airplay.

My issue is that roughly 25% of the time when I open Music on my iPhone (running iOS 6.0.1) or fire up iTunes (v11) on my MBA, the Airplay icon does not appear. The only way to make it appear when it is missing is to enable and then disable Aeroplane mode on my iPhone, or on my MBA I have to disable & re-enable the wireless network connection.

Given the issue affects both my iPhone and iTunes on my laptop I think it must be an issue with the local network, but I don't know where to start with the diagnosis. My router is a Draytek Vigor 2710 running the latest firmware and my network is really simple - the Draytek just shares the internet connection throughout the house, everything is wireless.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem where the Airplay icon goes missing on more than one device?

Many thanks
Matt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.