Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GorgonPhone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2010
And people with your mentality are the reason I have to hear Apple haters bitch that the only reason people buy Apple is to be trendy. You're their proof.

*sigh*.

^^^lol. too emotional.. i am a realist stating facts... the iphone 4 and the iphone 4S = to similar.. if the iphone 5 looks like the 4 and the 4S there will be a negative back lash .. FACT..

I buy apple cause it is the best but if they get lazy at the top they will fall..FACT

I skipped the 4S cause it was to much like the 4... if the 5 is like the 4 and 4s will get a used 4S..

ade2bee

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2009
Oh if the rumor that the iPhone 5 is a stretched iPhone 4/4s I'll wet my pants laughing and upgrade to a new Android

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Following last week's leak of home buttons claimed to be for the next-generation iPhone, parts vendor SW-BOX.com has just posted information on a claimed iPhone 5 SIM card tray fresh from one of its parts suppliers.

The tray appears essentially identical to the SIM card tray found in the iPhone 4S and 4, and if the part is indeed legitimate it suggests that Apple may retain a similar flat-edged form factor for the forthcoming device. Such a design would be opposed to a tapered or rounded-edge design that would likely require a somewhat curved exterior surface for the tray or at least a thinner tray profile as was seen in earlier iPhone models such as the 3G and 3GS.

Apple has been pushing for its own "nano-SIM" standard, but has so far been unable to win approval as competitors have objected to the proposal and offered their own designs for a smaller next-generation SIM card. Unsurprisingly, it appears that a smaller nano-SIM design will not be ready in time to be included in the next-generation iPhone.

Apple is expected to introduce its next-generation iPhone later this year, with many observers suggesting that Apple will once again target the September-October timeframe for the launch. Many users have been hoping for a significant redesign following Apple's pattern of maintaining a similar form factor for two generations between major design overhauls, but part leaks that might reveal Apple's plans have yet to begin surfacing.

Update: As several observers have pointed out, the SIM card tray does have some subtle differences compared to the tray used in the iPhone 4S and 4, with a slight tapering of metal frame pieces and an extra metal shelf not seen in current trays. Consequently, the part certainly appears to not simply be an iPhone 4S SIM card tray, and while it could be a knockoff part, SW-BOX.com and its supplier seem to believe that it is genuine.

(Thanks, CydiaBlog.com)

Article Link: Claimed iPhone 5 SIM Card Tray Appears Identical to iPhone 4S

kid0

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2011
Montreal, QC
the next iphone changing (inside/out) or not, I will still be using iphone without any complaints.. yes, I will do this face a lil inside -> :rolleyes: but .. I realized after using so many different kinds of phones the iOS still wins.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.