Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daboytommy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I wanted to try far cry 3 on PC but i am not sure if i can run it. I have windows 7 via bootcamp instaled.
my specs:
2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

moveoverjames

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
I have the same iMac and it runs Max Payne 3 nicely in 1600 res in Windows 8, although it gets a little choppy at 1980 res.

Compare the specs for both titles. I'm certain it will run as I think it only needs 512 video ram to play so should play comparably well. I would liken the Max Payne experience to playing it on a 360, but with a better frame rate.

J

denisvj

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2006
I have the same iMac and it runs Max Payne 3 nicely in 1600 res in Windows 8, although it gets a little choppy at 1980 res.

Compare the specs for both titles. I'm certain it will run as I think it only needs 512 video ram to play so should play comparably well. I would liken the Max Payne experience to playing it on a 360, but with a better frame rate.

J

I have the same iMac and would love to play this game but too lazy to boot into bootcamp :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.