Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
hi, my friend uses a firstclass email address through her schoolboard and consistently has problems with it, i was wondering if anybody knows how to set it up w/ Mail (like username, Incoming/ Outgoing Servers, etc) thnkx

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Mr_Brightside_@ said:
hi, my friend uses a firstclass email address through her schoolboard and consistently has problems with it, i was wondering if anybody knows how to set it up w/ Mail (like username, Incoming/ Outgoing Servers, etc) thnkx
You are going to have to get that information from your friend's schoolboard. Presumeably, you can also download the MacOS X FirstClass client and use your friend's username and password to get her mail.

gallagb

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
IN
have your friend also contact their school's tech support folks
i bet they have a 'help' site that your friend can look @ which will give them step by step directions....

PatrickF

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Blighty
Mr_Brightside_@ said:
This is taking me back quite a few years to my college days. It's possible to set up IMAP and POP3 access on the FirstClass server, however, your administrator will need to enable this if it's currently disabled. Good luck in getting them to agree to open that up though!

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
PatrickF said:
This is taking me back quite a few years to my college days. It's possible to set up IMAP and POP3 access on the FirstClass server, however, your administrator will need to enable this if it's currently disabled. Good luck in getting them to agree to open that up though!

aaaaah that could be why it's not working. thanks

GCheek

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2009
Central California
they still use FirstClass?

Wow what a waste.

If you are familiar with FirstClass, what is a modern system that replaces FirstClass in with a better user experience?

We use Firstclass because of all the features in addition to Email. There are features that I really like (conferences and groups) but the interface (similar to the very early Mac finder) and inability to implement "GTD" or "Zero in box" methods make me crazy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.