Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lostless

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 22, 2005
I found a way to get the classic search back into iTunes 11, where the results show up as you type in your library. All you have to do is click on the magnifying glass in the search box and uncheck "search entire library". Works so much quicker. Also works in the new album art view.

larrybeo

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
You are awesome!

I am dumbfounded at the way drastic changes Apple makes to iTunes. 11 is the worst yet. This helps a lot! This is by far the best thing I've ever read on MacRumors!

abn0038

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
Brilliant

I found a way to get the classic search back into iTunes 11, where the results show up as you type in your library. All you have to do is click on the magnifying glass in the search box and uncheck "search entire library". Works so much quicker. Also works in the new album art view.

Brilliant :) and it even shows the results in the window rather than that horrible drop over list :( .

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
Not

This action you suggested did not reveal the contents in my ipod at all...just a few. Its amazing that the Geeks at apple would design this product without the ability to view the contents in the ipod....maybe this was a big joke by steve jobs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.