Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Anybody working on this problem or should we just accept it as one of those little annoying things?

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Quote Notifications Still Not Working for Multiple Posts

Tried to find old thread but couldn't. When you quote more than one person, the second person doesn't get a notification. Is this just a "the way it is, live with it" thing or can this be fixed?

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Quote Notifications Don't Seem To Work....when you're quoted in a post that has multiple posts and you're not the first member quoted. Anyone else notice this or know if its a known problem?

There's more: I believe that if you are the first quote and there are say, four more in the post, you will get FIVE notifications. It seems this site wants to send five different notifications but they wind up going to the same person.

Tried to find old thread but couldn't. When you quote more than one person, the second person doesn't get a notification. Is this just a "the way it is, live with it" thing or can this be fixed?

I'm aware that this is a resurrected older post, but I've also noticed it. Specifically when posts are merged into one, by the system (posts separated by a broken line)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.