Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
I'm trying to move all my horror movies off one drive to another. I can't seem to find a way to sort by genre in finder or copy out of itunes. Has anyone got a suggestion to do this?

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
In iTunes added the genre to all the horror movies by selecting them and right-click then get info. In the genre tab type Horror.

From there you can sort the movies in iTunes by genre and drag and drop them to your other disk.

slothrob

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2007
I'm trying to move all my horror movies off one drive to another. I can't seem to find a way to sort by genre in finder or copy out of itunes. Has anyone got a suggestion to do this?
If you just want to copy them from iTunes, you can highlight the movies in iTunes and drag them to the new disk.

If you want to also remove them from iTunes, you can then highlight them and delete them.

If you want to store them on the new disk, but still be able to access them from iTunes, you can drag them back into iTunes, but with the Advanced Preference "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" unchecked.

charlien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Wow, that's easy. I tried every right-click and menu option available. Thanks for the quick answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.