Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@dcfergz: I'm really, deeply, just extremely confident no blue screen can occur because of the label remover. You can run sfc /scannow as administrator via command prompt to restore the Test Mode label.

russophobe

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2014
Sincere apologies as you are Ukrainian.

What is sad is how Russia's activities must be damaging the reputation of legitimate non-Russian developers.

I don't know how long you spent writing the software for Trackpad++ but it is an amazing achievement to create something clearly needed, but that Apple can't or don't want to make.

Vladimir can you give a good reason why you don't use a normal standard licensing model? A trial and then payment of a one off fee for non commercial use?

You'd make more money, your clients would feel more at ease and all would be well.

Last edited:

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@russophobe: According to my communication with moderators, the forum isn't intended for such direction of discussion (some time ago I responded there with details/arguments, but the message was removed with the warning about MacRumors rules for the non-sponsored threads). But I will be glad to respond to you with a private message soon.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@ALL: Just for the information of community. Mid-2014 Retina Macbook Pro is very minor update over Late-2013, with no changes to trackpad hardware and IDs. So it should be safe to use the current build with the new models.

@russophobe: I could not send private message to you. Probably you disabled this feature in your MacRumors account settings.

ozcalade

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2014
Hello All,

As I have also sent an e-mail to Vladimir earlier today, I have a problem running Trackpad++.

I have a Macbook Pro with a 64-bit Windows 7 installed in. Although I took the installation steps properly, I couldn't manage to start the software.

The errors are like following :

internal error has occured
system null reference exception

system argument excption value of null is not valid for stream

and

microsoft .net framework error like unhandled exception has occured in your application.

Vladimir told me that the reason this is happening because I'm using the Windows in Turkish Language.

I wanted to post this here so maybe you guys could come up with a solution. And of course, we, Turkish users expect to receive good news about this from Vladimir soon :)

Thanks a lot.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@ozcalade: Of all the languages available in Windows 7/8, the problem is only with Turkish. Some sort of technical explanation can be found here: http://haacked.com/archive/2012/07/05/turkish-i-problem-and-why-you-should-care.aspx/
I am much sorry, but fixing the Turkish language is very challenging because of the way the software has been created. I will add a note in FAQ section about Turkish problem. I am sorry for not adding it earlier. If you could consider using English (or any other!) language but Turkish, the software will work.

ozcalade

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2014
Thanks for your reply Vladimir. I read that thread but I guess that doesn't help me solve my problem.

Do you know if there is an alternative software that I can use for this purpose?

Touchpad is a bit too standart for me at the moment :)

ozcalade

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2014
First of all, I would like to thank Vladimir for helping me solve my problem. I finally found a way to get it worked. I changed the language and system locale to something else and now it works like a charm.

Only thing doesn't work for me is 3-finger gestures drag option. I just cannot do it yet but I'll look into it more carefully when I have time.

Thanks again!

mattlangston

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2008
Hi Vladimir,

Your solution for fixing the Trackpad++ 3-finger drag problem did not work for me (i.e. your suggestion to change the screen resolution). My config:

BootCamp 5.1
Windows 8.1 64-Bit
MacBook Pro (15", non-retina, Early-2011 version)

[Update] I was wrong. Trackpad++ is working correctly with my MacBook's built-in trackpad. My original problem was referring to an external Magic Trackpad, which I just learned is not supported by Trackpad++.

Warmest regards, Matt

Last edited:

lucky1082

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2014
@ozcalade: Solution for getting the Trackpad++ 3-finger drag feature working: https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/18728670/
Hi Vladimir,

I have just installed the trackpad++, it works well and thank you very much for your software.

However one thing I concern, that is the drag function. When I choose drag with 3 fingers, it disable other 3-finger gestures and we must use 4-finger gestures instead 3-finger gestures, it made our movement more complicated with 4 fingers instead 3 fingers. We want to use 3-finger gestures without sacrifice drag function by fingers. Could you add more choice drag by 2 or 4 fingers gesture? I will appreciate for it.

My macbook air is late 2010.
=========
lucky1082

Last edited:

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@lucky1082: Yes, there is a dilemma. Either use 3-finger drag and 4-finger gestures, or classic-with-click 2-finger drag and 3-finger gestures (plus 4-finger for other actions, if you wish). Thank you for suggesting, but... changing 3-finger drag to 2 would conflict with right-click and Windows 8 edge gestures. Changing to 4 would make it way less usable. Actually 3-finger option is the 'top feature' of the driver according to long-term-gathered feedback from people. Because of all the above, I would not change it, sorry.

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
For those of us that like to load and forget (for at least a while), do we make 2 donations, trackpad and power with different registration numbers, or will one do the job?

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@TPadden: I have been notified that explanation about donations or whatever other profit is not allowed by the rules of the MacRumors forum. So let me respond to you by sending a private message.

Last edited:

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@ALL: I wonder does anybody still use 32-bit Windows for Boot Camp? Apple provides 64-bit only drivers for the few last Macbook generations, and for me it would be very convenient to drop 32-bit support, because currently the Trackpad++ driver is presented with the separate binaries for 32-bit and 64-bit architecture (the same situation with the Control Module). This is from many points the double work, that's why I hope to drop 32-bit support, say, by the end of the year.

skallal

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2012
Can I use Trackpad++ with VMWare Player? I haven't tried it yet. I am running Windows 10 Technical Preview under Bootcamp and the trackpad does NOT scroll.

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@skallal: Trackpad++ driver is only for the real Windows installation, i.e. for the Macbook Pro/Air running Windows 7/8.1 via Boot Camp. Virtual environments like Parallels or VMware are not (and cannot be) supported.

@ALL: Nobody responded or emailed me yet regarding dropping the 32-bit support. I guess nobody uses 32-bit Windows anymore, because the Boot Camp drivers are only 64-bit since 2012. So, just to restate, soon only 64-bit version of the Trackpad++ driver will remain available. Would be much more convenient to finally drop the dual binaries approach, which always required a lot of extra work and double testing.

stevo937

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2010
Any resources you suggest for writing a driver for Linux? You're driver works amazingly well under Windows, but I want to use Linux on my MacBook. Any Apple documentation or driver coding manuals you could suggest? I do NOT intend on writing a Windows driver. I would just LOVE to have a decent driver for Linux.

skallal

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2012
@Vladimir: Yes I concluded the driver wouldn't work in a VM. It looks like I'll be using a Mac based VM (Parallels) to test drive Windows 10, as it supports the Trackpad. Too bad because I use my MBP mostly in Bootcamp. It feels crippled running in a Windows hosted VM...

nmadura

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
Any chance to make this driver applicable to the Magic Trackpad?

I picked up a Trackpad for my Toshiba laptop, and find myself greatly missing the three finger drag ability... :eek:

V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Israel
@nmadura: Trackpad++ driver is only for Macbook Retina / Pro / Air running Windows 7 or 8.1 via Boot Camp. Only for the built-in trackpad device.

Yes, 3-finger drag is one of the top features of the Trackpad++... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.