Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:37 PM   #26
Medic311
macrumors 68000
 
Medic311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
The real question the OP should be asking is get a refurb 3 now or wait til the 5? The ipad 4 is a bad value right now given the insignificant improvements over the 3. Chances are you could resell the 3 and not lose much at all.
^ THAT

iPad 3 refurb is the BEST value right now
Medic311 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 05:11 PM   #27
SR45
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida
Improvements to the iPad 4 over the iPad 3

http://www.gizmag.com/ipad-4-review/24849/

1. New A6X chip with 1.4 GHz dual core processor with Quad Core Graphics
with a Geekbench score of 1766 over the iPad 3 score of 757

2. Lightning Connector

3. Front Camera is updated but is still 1.2 MP with a higher than VGA front shooter in the iPad 3

4. WiFi improvement supporting dual-band (2.4 and 5 Ghz) May or may not see any improvements
SR45 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2013, 07:35 PM   #28
wesk702
macrumors 65816
 
wesk702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The hood
Wait
wesk702 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:16 AM   #29
hovscorpion12
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Right now, in would hugest to wait. The iPad's released this year will cover the losses from iPhone 5S. I am however more excited for the iPad Mini Second generation. With the rumored retina display and upgraded specs, there will be no separation between the two except for screen size & price.
hovscorpion12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:32 PM   #30
vladtheimpaler
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Leading The Leaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolarmy View Post
We don't technically know when the 5 is coming out, but I've been debating back and forth about whether to wait or not. If I buy it now and the 5 comes out in April, I'll be ticked at myself for not waiting. If it doesn't come out until late summer or fall, I'd be content with not waiting.

Would you buy the iPad 4 right now or wait?
you should wait until the iPad 7 comes out. It will be better than any of these!
__________________
Oh, are you supposed to be ?
How cute!
vladtheimpaler is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad: Should I buy a 128GB iPad 4 at $549 or wait for 64GB iPad Air at $699 RDAR iPad 19 Nov 24, 2013 01:32 PM
All iPads: Do I buy an iPad Air, or wait until next year for either an iPad Pro, or 2Gb of RAM? MartinAppleGuy iPad 74 Oct 31, 2013 12:12 PM
All iPads: Upgrade from 3rd iPad to iPad Air, new iPad mini or wait for next iPads? Sven11 iPad 32 Oct 23, 2013 02:55 PM
Should I purchase a third gen Ipad, or wait for a possible announcement of a new Ipad Virro iPad 12 Sep 10, 2012 12:44 PM
Wait for iPad Mini and iPad fourth gen? Liquinn iPad 3 Jul 31, 2012 12:41 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC