Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Jun 6, 2013, 05:21 PM   #1
Masteroftime
macrumors newbie

I think I know what iTV is

Any folks in the UK ever use this?

TVCatchup.com

The kind of service this website provides is amazing. I have a strange feeling Apple might do something like an App version of this. The website used to allow people to view a calendar with shows they select, and would allow people to click the show and set it to record to the cloud. Now it lets you view shows from certain channels in real time on any device. Is it possible for Apple to do something like what TVCatchup used to offer?

Last edited by Masteroftime; Jun 6, 2013 at 05:33 PM.
Masteroftime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 07:51 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

I'm in the US, but I know what that is. And yeah, it's pretty great. You guys get so much good stuff over there.

I think it'll end up being a subscription plan though. Otherwise you're going to get the whole nation buying these $99 boxes. Similar reason why Freeview is not something that would work here. Not that people don't want it, it's that 10 million+ want it.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:55 AM   #3
sk24iam
macrumors regular

I hope iTV is a TV with ios built in that has an app that allows you to subscribe to only the live channels you are interested in. Also, ios games on a TV would be awesome.
sk24iam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:06 AM   #4
spykthomas
macrumors member

There is an app for TVCatchup on iPad.

I use it when I want to watch TV when cooking. There is a 30 second delay between live broadcast and this app.

I am waiting for Apple to try and register the iTV name in the UK and not be able to, as it is already the name of a broadcasting company.

They can't call it AppleTV, as that is the little box, and would get confusing... Good luck Apple!
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:47 PM   #5
Apple fanboy
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykthomas View Post
I am waiting for Apple to try and register the iTV name in the UK and not be able to, as it is already the name of a broadcasting company.

They can't call it AppleTV, as that is the little box, and would get confusing... Good luck Apple!
AppleView
iView
iStream
AppleScreen
ATVDisplay
Somehow with all the creative people at Apple I think they will think of something!

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion