Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Monkt

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
Anyone that has an ipad 1 or 2 tucked in a drawer for no reason should find a teacher they know that is tech savvy and donate it to them. I bought one for my use teaching, my wife is seeking one through a crowd funding source, I'm trying to get two more for students. To generalize, half the teachers I know would make good use of one.

Quirinus

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
Started with iPad 2 16GB wifi + cellular, sold it to upgrade to iPad 3 32GB wifi + cellular.
Might upgrade to ipad 5 IF it's worth the upgrade, been thinking of getting an iPad mini as extra device (our current ipad is being used a LOT by both me & my wife). But i will wait and see what Apple comes out with before i decide :D.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
there isn't any convincing reason for having two iPads, no matter what do you say...

Personally or in the same household?

I just got an iPad 4 32GB WiFi today and gave my wife my iPad 3 64GB WiFi + Cellular.

----------

If you have more than one you seriously need to think of better use for your money, like charity!

Wait? Because someone can work hard and afford two iPad's it automatically means they should give money to charity?!

Ridiculous comment.

I gave money to the charity closest to my heart when my wife and I adopted our rescue dog from a rescue centre 6 years ago and continue to donate. I don't do it because my home has an iMac, an iPhone 4, and iPhone 4S, an iPad 3, and an iPad 4 in it though.

Dr Charter

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2011
Oklahoma
I have a mini, my five year old claimed my iPad 3, and I am buying an iPad 4 tomorrow to use next to my Air at work for Bento databases and reading .pdfs. I love the mini but decided to go for a bigger screen for those tasks. I am planning to keep both, so I am not sure how my workflow will change or which I'll use more.

Woodcrest64

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
Just one, the original iPad. I'm starting to get the itch for a new one mainly for the fact that mine is starting to crash more frequently on busy websites and some apps. I'd like to see how long I can hold out though for.

I use my iPad for reading forums and looking up stuff but I prefer using my MacBook more. I honestly thought when I bought the iPad I'd be using my computer far less and that hasn't happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.