Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hustenloeser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
Hi there,

I am currently using a macbook 13" mid 2010 (bought in november 2010). After 770 battery loadcycles, the power lasts just for 2 1/2 hours anymore when streaming movies. ( 67% max capacity and system tells me to replace the battery )
The display is very wobbly and I had water damage on my first days, which causes every half year problems, that my display shuts down for a few seconds every few minutes. But that just happens every as said just half a year for 1-2 days.
Furthermore it looks very bad after about 70 drops on the floor from different angels. Apart from that, it works very fine to my surprise.

However, I need to buy a new one and now wondering what I can still get for my old ******** up macbook and when to buy a new one.

The new retina 13", I think has just been updated recently with new processors, but the second generation had its last update in june 2012.

Will there be a new update on a macboook pro 13" (retina or not i dont mind) soon? Otherwise, there is the opportunity to buy one on a trip to Vietnam, Malaysia, but i am going already on the 12th april. Comparable to dutch/german prices, I could save about 200-350€.

What do you think is the best decision?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.