Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What type of phone case do you prefer

• Total voters

TedM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
California
What type of case do you prefer to get with your mobile device? This isn't really for tablets as the case categories aren't the same.

1. Bumper cases: These are the cases that give your phone a bumper around its edges but don't cover the back or front of the phone.

2. Leather or Soft cases: These cases are made of soft material such as a leather. These cases also include cases under the pouches as most pouch cases are made from softer materials.

3. Hard Shell - typically made of TPU these cases snap on much like a bumper would, but instead cover the back of the phone for added protection.

4. Aluminum: These are the big high durability maximum protection cases.

What are your preferences? The data obtained from this poll might be used to make an infographic. Thanks for your time and help.

For extra thanks let me know if you have broken your phone in the past and how, especially interested if you broke it with a case on it.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
Dunno which the Otterbox falls under...it's a hardcase on top of a softcase. Anyhow, an Otterbox for every phone I've owned. The missus didn't like it on her phone, so I got her a different phone and took over her old phone.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
California
Dunno which the Otterbox falls under...it's a hardcase on top of a softcase. Anyhow, an Otterbox for every phone I've owned. The missus didn't like it on her phone, so I got her a different phone and took over her old phone.

otterbox cases are pretty crazy. They have multiple layers which is why its so difficult to place. Thanks for letting me know that is your preference though. I'll make sure to make a note.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.