Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Jun 9, 2013, 11:56 PM   #1
DFDDFD335
macrumors newbie

Apple TV doesn't let me connect to a US Apple ID account from Australia

Hi All,

I have a US based iTunes account which works fine when I log into a PC and use it. That PC also has an Australian based account.

I hooked up Apple TV the other day (from Australia) and it connects to my Australian ID fine. When I try to log in with my US id, it says "This account can only access content from the US itunes store" and then doesnt let me log in.

Any solutions for how to overcome this?

Thanks,
DFD
DFDDFD335 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:11 AM   #2
yocko
macrumors member

apple tv in itself doen't do an ip check, so i think it is just a matter of changing the country setting un settings...

the apps, like netflix, do do an ip check...
yocko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2013, 07:12 AM   #3
DFDDFD335
macrumors newbie

[QUOTE=yocko;17378369]apple tv in itself doen't do an ip check, so i think it is just a matter of changing the country setting un settings...QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I tried to find setting for the Apple TV but couldnt get it. I can get location settings for each individual account, but the problem is that i cannot get my US account to register and therefore cannot get the settings.

Thanks again for your help
DFDDFD335 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater