Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmhillrph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
I have a new ipod touch 5th gen and installed ios 7- when I try to swipe up to access command center it is often non-responsive. It usually will take 2-5 swipes (sometimes it just takes one but it has taken as many as 22!). I have tried a reset (by shutting off and from settings) and a restore with no resolution. I assume this is neither normal nor common- is it?

There isn't an apple store nearby so I am thinking about returning to amazon for exchange. Is that what you would do or any other suggestions? Thanks.

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
I have a new ipod touch 5th gen and installed ios 7- when I try to swipe up to access command center it is often non-responsive. It usually will take 2-5 swipes (sometimes it just takes one but it has taken as many as 22!). I have tried a reset (by shutting off and from settings) and a restore with no resolution. I assume this is neither normal nor common- is it?

There isn't an apple store nearby so I am thinking about returning to amazon for exchange. Is that what you would do or any other suggestions? Thanks.

22 swipes? Was your iPod responsive in the previous iOS? If it is then it's probably just iOS 7, you should also try some game apps or something to see if your touch screen is responsive to input/swipe. Don't be too hasty to do an exchange. Hopefully someone here has better suggestion and is able to help you out.

jmhillrph

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
22 swipes? Was your iPod responsive in the previous iOS? If it is then it's probably just iOS 7...

It is actually brand new and I did the ios update when I was setting it up so I never operated under ios 6. It seems to work normally in every other way except the swipe up from bottom to top (e.g. if screen is rotated horizontal, the swipe up works fine) :(

Curttt

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2013
Same Problem Here. Must use thin edge of finger at very bottom of screen. Hope its a Bug which will be fixed ASAP. Also unable to resize lockscreen background image. 11 month old ipod touch 5th gen.

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
I'm having the same problem here on my iPhone 4s and it's because of the case that I have on it. The swipe up must really be influenced by your finger crossing over the border of the touch area on the bottom.

If I take the case off and swipe up, it triggers the command center with no difficulty.

I've also found that if I swipe up really fast a few times in a row while I have the case on, it seems to get the command center to activate as well... not the idea solution, but it beats having to take the case off every time or going without a case. I'd assume this is something that could be easily resolved with a software update.

AppleMacDudeG4

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
issues with swipe up

I noticed the same issue with both my iPad4 and iPhone 5. It seems it is really low on the screen and since I have covers on both items, it is not so easy to get swipe to work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.