Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DevixLuvic

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
On top of a mountain
There is a company in Riverside California called The NiCd Lady which will recondition your Macintosh Portable battery, install new cells, and ship it back to you.

Thanks! I will look into that. I do wish there was a way first to know for sure that my Portable still works before paying the $$ for a battery as I got it without one, but oh well...

Devix

billy98111

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
I found an old PowerBook 1400c which had dead battery of course but was able to sell it for a decent amount. I just felt a little dumb trying to navigate through the file system.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
...I remember the pizza box LC's selling for near pennies on the dollar, and now they bottom out around $30 or $40. Mac Plus's for cheap - no longer.....

I literally took a pickup truck load of LCs to the e-waste salvage yard a while back. Wish I knew they where worth $30 each.

But this is WHY they are worth so much now, as most are now gone to landfills and gold salvage in China there are fewer left on the market.

----------

It's from 2009 and has about zero collector value.

Yes but it is an 8-core xeon. They are still a powerful server. Not a collectable but still usable for video editing.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California
Thats why I make a lot of friends who are into computers, Because when they want to sell or have no use for a old mac they give it to me. Recently my friend gave me his Mac Mini 1.42ghz G4 with slim apple keyboard and mouse with cinema display for free

Jklapp

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2013
Florida
I'm still using a G5 but soon to be replaced with a 13" MBP once I decide whether to upgrade (RAM & SSD) myself or buy the pkg.
PowerMax didn't want the G5 on trade but said there are many people who still want them because of some publishing software they use and maybe its worth $300-400.
Hopefully I will be able to find a good home for it when the MBP arrives.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.