Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
Any AHA Maps hold overs hear anything yet? I have checked the website a few times and my app is still locked so I can't get to it. Getting more nervous as December approaches.

They had internal hiring for the maps position..however..after the initial email about it, we never heard anything else about it.

The next off the street training class is in January from what I heard.

BrokenRoad

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2013
Well I didn't get the bgc email at all, and since pretty much everyone gets it within hours of their third interview I just have a feeling that means I'm not gonna make it. It's weird because I really thought my final interview was good. At the end I asked how long to hear back and the interviewer have a big sigh and told me about 5 weeks. Oh well.

Don't discount yourself too soon. I interviewed on either a Wed or Thrus and didn't get my BGC email until the following Monday. It's still possible!

ShelliMac

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2013
Has anyone been hired for CPU Support for Jan 13th? Every time I get a call from California, I could die from anxiety, but they haven't contacted me yet and my interview was last Wednesday! Soo stressed...lol

BITEMEAPPLESIGN

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2013
Has anyone been hired for CPU Support for Jan 13th? Every time I get a call from California, I could die from anxiety, but they haven't contacted me yet and my interview was last Wednesday! Soo stressed...lol
You're stressed?

My last interview was LAST Monday :confused::eek:

abananas

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2013
They had internal hiring for the maps position..however..after the initial email about it, we never heard anything else about it.

The next off the street training class is in January from what I heard.

Thanks for this! I went through the 3 interviews and then in September was told if I still wanted it the class would be in January. Radio silence since then so it hasn't felt very secure.

GamingGuru

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2013
Funny, this position does not exist for the local Maryland Apple Stores.. sounds like an experimental position they are trying out for California college students, but nevertheless 10-11 an hour is not being financially independent.. with gas going up and up, food prices going up and a country heading towards BARBARISM, its no wonder that so much is not working to help the situation.

I am not a college student, but I do pride myself with 30 years of customer service experience, 1000 times greater than any college student combined.

I an able to support myself on it but I make more than that working part-time. It's not the greatest but when we get bumped up to full-time it's awesome. And it's a corporate job not a retail. That's why the store won't offer it

CharlieZulu

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2013

After your interview did you get the bcg email or are you still waiting for that too?

macgirl509139

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2013
How my process went...

Timeline:
-Applied at the end of August like the 28/29th
-Sept 26 got an email saying that they needed my resume (which i thought I posted when i first did my application)
- I got an email Oct 30 asking to set up an interview.
-Interview nov 4th
-Second interview nov 7th
-I finally heard back yesterday nov 18 saying they want to move on with the background check and contingent upon that we will move forward with the next steps getting me set up.

Tips:
-Based upon that timeline don't worry if they don't get back to you in a week or two. It took me 3 months and I still won't officially start in january.
-dont worry yourself on making sure you know to many tech questions..I really feel like they want people who are at good a customer service and are willing to learn..
-Use this forum like the bible and other forums as far as interview questions and experiences with the process.
-Email the recruiters if you have any question (who ever sent the interview sign up email) they actually answer. (you're suppose to attend a virtual interview and on the application i entered I didn't because at that time filling it out I didn't. So i emailed the recruiter about it and they got back to me with in 1 hour maybe).

Here are some questions i got off of this website actually and i promise you that these are the question you won't get asked all of them maybe 3 or 4 but these are it!

1). What would you do if your MacBook wasn't powering on?

2). What would you do if USB device won't connect?

3). What type of CPU do you have and what hardware does it have?

4). How to fix Mac mail?

5). Hard drive memory vs RAM?

6). Define Wifi, hotspot, Bluetooth?

7). Troubleshoot a wireless printer that won't connect

8). How to restore deleted app?

9). Describe a situation where you had to boot CPU in safe mode?

10). Someone drops an iPhone and it won't turn on what do you say?

11). How do you keep yourself in a positive attitude when you're stressed?

12). What is empathy?

13). What is a hard drive?

14). How do you delete, move and create a group with an app on your iPhone?

15). When have you set a goal, accomplished something, and how did you over come the obstacles?

16). You attempt to sync and iPhone to iTunes, what do you do?

17). What is an operating system?

18). Why do you want to work for apple?

19). How would you troubleshoot an iPod?

20). What steps would you take if your Internet was not working but you had to start working in 3 minutes?

21). What is the most recent technical issue you've had with your computer and how did you fix it?

22). How do you think you will handle working from home without any coworkers

BITEMEAPPLESIGN

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2013
JUST RECEIVED A PHONE CALL!!!!

Got the job making $11+ an hour (won't say exactly)! She called me and let me know they were moving me forward. She said I'll receive the email for my BG check, and after that's done she'll be contacting me with more info!

ShelliMac

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2013
JUST RECEIVED A PHONE CALL!!!!

Got the job making $11+ an hour (won't say exactly)! She called me and let me know they were moving me forward. She said I'll receive the email for my BG check, and after that's done she'll be contacting me with more info!

Nice!! Good job, I was rooting for you :) now My turn lol

BwhittAker

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2013
Background check completed yesterday received my offer call just a few minutes ago! Start jan.13th iOS if I'm not mistaken. Waiting on email to schedule paperwork session

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.