Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
I just reinstalled Windows 8 and Itunes 11.
When I startup Itunes, do I need to change the itunes media folder location? All my songs are lcated on E:\FTP\Music
Would I put that in the box for itunes media folder location? Also, as for checking Keep itunes media folder organizied and copy files to itunes media folder when adding to library, should those be checked?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I just reinstalled Windows 8 and Itunes 11.
When I startup Itunes, do I need to change the itunes media folder location? All my songs are lcated on E:\FTP\Music
Would I put that in the box for itunes media folder location? Also, as for checking Keep itunes media folder organizied and copy files to itunes media folder when adding to library, should those be checked?

First question, yes.

The other ones are personal so can't really give advice, but if you do check the boxes it will copy all the new music to this folder and as for organizing it will reorganize all music into Artist named Folders, inside the Album folder and inside that the actual music file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.