Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bDoc

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
Why would it even matter? Once you put a case on it then you can't see the color.

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
So based off Apple's previous track record, an iPhone (Mini, Cheap, Lite,etc) would be underpowered compared to its brethren? Perhaps reselling the iPhone 5 with the same hardware for cheap since it is last yr's specs? A6 processor with 1GB of RAM, 8MP Camera, LTE, etc? Will this phone have LTE and shop up in the US? I am itching for an LTE phone since my carrier doesn't go hand in hand with my Nexus 4.

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
If they want to use color not sure why they would not use the standards, really red, green, blue, etc... not sure bug gut green would be popular.

M

Mr.damien

No. Selling old model leads to more fragmentation with screen size and features. Plastic version is better (but also ugly).

:apple:

Which fragmentation ? Those devices ARE suported for years.

Now if they release cheap iphone with different specs like for the iPod touch which is always badly supported because of diff cpu and hardware, then you get fragmentation...

falconeight

Apr 6, 2010
That phone right there is going to sell more than any phone in the history of cellphones. Every single high schooler will have one by xmas. It will be in the hands of every Eastern European and Asian who needs a free message service like iMessage. It is by far the smartest product apple has ever produced. I know that my 8 year old son will be one of the first to have one. It is the nail in the coffin for BB and could destroy WP8. Just look at that phone. It screams 14 year old girl like no other product. Brilliant Apple brilliant move.

Attachments

• low_cost_iphone_render_white-800x450.jpg
    low_cost_iphone_render_white-800x450.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

kensic

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2013
That phone right there is going to sell more than any phone in the history of cellphones. Every single high schooler will have one by xmas. It will be in the hands of every Eastern European and Asian who needs a free message service like iMessage. It is by far the smartest product apple has ever produced. I know that my 8 year old son will be one of the first to have one. It is the nail in the coffin for BB and could destroy WP8. Just look at that phone. It screams 14 year old girl like no other product. Brilliant Apple brilliant move.

completely agree. i had this conversation with my co-workers, saying that apple products in general is wayyy too expensive for an average person to have.

with this plastic iPhone. and average person (not just in the US, NO americans the world doesn't revolve around u) can actually own one. i predict they will sell out these plastic iphones faster than the damn speed of light.

falconeight

Apr 6, 2010
completely agree. i had this conversation with my co-workers, saying that apple products in general is wayyy too expensive for an average person to have.

with this plastic iPhone. and average person (not just in the US, NO americans the world doesn't revolve around u) can actually own one. i predict they will sell out these plastic iphones faster than the damn speed of light.

Especially since we are one of the only countries that buys subsidized phones. That is also going to introduce a whole new demographic into what a quality product gives them.My father in law in Germany doesn't buy apple products because of spec sheets and price. He recently got a iPad as a gift from us and he only thinks apple now.

falconeight

Apr 6, 2010
the point is when samsung's flagship phone isn't doing well how would this thing do?

Samsung's flagship is doing very well. This iPhone will transform the cellphone industry. Not for people like me who can afford a iPhone 5 but for the people entering the smartphone market and don't want complicated android.

typeface

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2013
What a lovely, simple design! Did we expect anything less? Very MacBook, very appealing through the simple lack of visual noise and use of shiny white curved polycarb.

Sweet :p

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Why would it even matter? Once you put a case on it then you can't see the color.

These won't need case.

Precisely why, as an iPhone 5 owner, I'm more likely to buy the iPhone 5C than the 5S, because I'm sick of non-user friendly design of the 5. Wrapping it in a case is essential, and it actually makes it thicker than the proposed dimensions of the 5C.

And I'm very happy with the performance of the 5...so I'll gladly upgrade from a 5 to a 5C, even though internally they will be the same phone.

----------

What a lovely, simple design! Did we expect anything less? Very MacBook, very appealing through the simple lack of visual noise and use of shiny white curved polycarb.

Sweet :p

I agree. It is brilliant, beautiful, and practical.

----------

So based off Apple's previous track record, an iPhone (Mini, Cheap, Lite,etc) would be underpowered compared to its brethren? Perhaps reselling the iPhone 5 with the same hardware for cheap since it is last yr's specs? A6 processor with 1GB of RAM, 8MP Camera, LTE, etc? Will this phone have LTE and shop up in the US? I am itching for an LTE phone since my carrier doesn't go hand in hand with my Nexus 4.

It is very simple to understand.

The iPhone 5C = iPhone 5 internals with new design, as shown.

The iPhone 5S = new iPhone internals, same design as iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.