Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedon1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
H, I just made my first iphone app and got it into the store but have a question about getting it to show up in google search results.

How are app store links treated by google? What would you need to do to get your app name towards the top of a google search, even if all you were searching was specifically the name of the app?

Thanks

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
H, I just made my first iphone app and got it into the store but have a question about getting it to show up in google search results.

How are app store links treated by google? What would you need to do to get your app name towards the top of a google search, even if all you were searching was specifically the name of the app?

Thanks

It would have to be linked on a site first, that way Google would pick up the backlink. Sometimes talking about it on Twitter would help, or getting a review from a website. Either that, or make a promo website and submit it to Webmaster Tools.

thedon1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
It would have to be linked on a site first, that way Google would pick up the backlink. Sometimes talking about it on Twitter would help, or getting a review from a website. Either that, or make a promo website and submit it to Webmaster Tools.

Thanks for the information.

Do facebook and forum posts help to contribute too?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.