Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Transmutating

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
I recorded a video recently with Photobooth, approx. 20 minutes in length. I began editing it in iMovie and noticed that about two minutes into the video, the audio begins to lag. This gets progressively worse as the video continues on so that by the end of the 20 minutes, the audio and video are way out of sync.
My problem is that I can detach the audio and realign it to the video so that when viewing it in the iMovie, the audio and video are in sync. BUT this is a video that I want to upload to Youtube and it seems to me that because I detached the audio, the video will not load with any of the audio at all. Is this true or am I doing something wrong?
If it is true that once you've detached audio you can't upload the two of them together, then Mac needs to fix their problem with Photobooth. I'm wondering if there's a better way (or even a possible way at all) to fix this synchronization problem so that when I upload this video to Youtube, it uploads with the audio as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.