Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
I'm wondering, if I bought an Apple Time Capsule from a month ago, will I be able to trade it in for the new one just announced and released today? Is there usually a policy like this? I recall something similar for items like iMacs, where if you bought it within a few weeks from the new one, then you could trade it in?

r23w

macrumors member
May 9, 2008
I'm wondering, if I bought an Apple Time Capsule from a month ago, will I be able to trade it in for the new one just announced and released today? Is there usually a policy like this? I recall something similar for items like iMacs, where if you bought it within a few weeks from the new one, then you could trade it in?

The key is where you bought it. If you bought it via Apple Online or Apple Retail a manager might be able to approve a out of return period return. I'd head over to your local Apple store if purchased via Apple online or retail and plead your case.

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
The key is where you bought it. If you bought it via Apple Online or Apple Retail a manager might be able to approve a out of return period return. I'd head over to your local Apple store if purchased via Apple online or retail and plead your case.

Is there no official ruling on this? I thought there was fine print saying that if you bought a product within 14 days of the announcement of an upgraded version, etc. And yeah, it's from an Apple Retail Store.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Is there no official ruling on this? I thought there was fine print saying that if you bought a product within 14 days of the announcement of an upgraded version, etc. And yeah, it's from an Apple Retail Store.

Yes, it's 14 days but your original post said you bought it a month ago. That means you're out of the official return period and must depend on the kindness of strangers.

Last edited:

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
14 days is the return period, your at 30 you said. Looks as you answered your own question. Maybe you should read your post again.

Your 16 days late if my math is right, :eek:

Yep I know. But at the very least, I just wanted to verify that it was 14 days for sure.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
Don't know that I'd want to. The new form factor is hard to tuck away and the AC speed doesn't change the fact that the pipe going into your home is still just as slow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.