Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
anyone know if bestbuy will match frys.com? even though those stores are only located in certain states.

I just got them to price match Frys for the $226 32GB iPhone. They called the semi-local Frys (Concord) to verify it was in stock, then gave me the Frys price. Considering it took my poor sales associate about 15 minutes to get somebody live at Frys it was pretty impressive. Bestbuy also did a great job insuring I kept my plan with ATT. They even were putting on screen protectors and cases for people for free. Great service; in retrospect I would have gone with them even if Frys was doing a "limited quantity" thing.

Rob

wenglish

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
It's my understanding (from reading on this forum) that Radio Shack has their own ETF in addition to (or in place of?) AT&T's ETF.

I'm not planning on invoking an ETF, but I want to make sure I'm not locking myself into some other agreement besides the usual one from AT&T.

Do the other vendors being talked about here (WalMart, Best Buy, Frys, Target) also have their own ETF?

Is there any downside to buying from these vendors instead of AT&T or Apple? (I'm concerned primarily about having the ability to add the new line to an existing MyATT account that has a discount).

Thanks ... Mike

fryrice

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2012
Boston, MA
I just got them to price match Frys for the $226 32GB iPhone. They called the semi-local Frys (Concord) to verify it was in stock, then gave me the Frys price. Considering it took my poor sales associate about 15 minutes to get somebody live at Frys it was pretty impressive. Bestbuy also did a great job insuring I kept my plan with ATT. They even were putting on screen protectors and cases for people for free. Great service; in retrospect I would have gone with them even if Frys was doing a "limited quantity" thing.

Rob

thanks Rob for the update....unfortunately my bb did not do the same because the closest fry's is in Chicago and i am in Boston. They slap me with the bb price match guidelines stating that it has to be within 25 mi radius. it was worth a try no harms done so i just said okie. got a sweet trade in deal for the galaxy s2 about $89 for the trade in.

gordita

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
I'm with AT&T and not eligible for the discounted $199 iphone 5 16GB price.
I do qualify for $450 price with AT&T.
is it possible bestbuy and/or walmart can beat this $450 price?
I like to chase the bottomest price depending on # of hours and driving distance....
:eek:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.