Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clarkepc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
Was watching CNN live on my 4S this morning and things went blank. Long story short is I had to do a hard reset and am trying to do a restore from itunes on my pc and my phone blinks about halfway through the process with the following errors. I have been spending hours on this, I suspect its a hardware issue but I am paralyzed without my phone so until I can get into the Mac Store tomorrow I was hoping someone could tell me what to do. Any help at this point is deeply appreciated! One other question is that I have a 4S, about a year old, I am a Verizon customer and pay $10 a month for "Total Equipment Coverage" and still can't figure out with the hell to do if my phone is dead?
I have one of the attached the error log, I also get the error (9) on the 2nd and 3rd trys. I have tried to fix on different pc's , different usb cords and trying my sons airbook now. Thanks

SAMtheGAM

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Was watching CNN live on my 4S this morning and things went blank. Long story short is I had to do a hard reset and am trying to do a restore from itunes on my pc and my phone blinks about halfway through the process with the following errors. I have been spending hours on this, I suspect its a hardware issue but I am paralyzed without my phone so until I can get into the Mac Store tomorrow I was hoping someone could tell me what to do. Any help at this point is deeply appreciated! One other question is that I have a 4S, about a year old, I am a Verizon customer and pay $10 a month for "Total Equipment Coverage" and still can't figure out with the hell to do if my phone is dead?
I have one of the attached the error log, I also get the error (9) on the 2nd and 3rd trys. I have tried to fix on different pc's , different usb cords and trying my sons airbook now. Thanks

The TEC includes extended warranty. Since it is either an electrical or mechanical failure they will replace the phone for you with a refurbished one.

You also can try the "restore" option in iTunes which will load new copy of iOS to phone and it will give you option of using your backup once it is done

I recently had to use the extended warranty of a Motorola Droid X that was two years old and had issues with signal and VZW replaced it with a refurbished one. The replacement even showed up the next day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.