Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 17, 2012
PA
I have an idea for a business and am working on drawing out the schematics of it before going further. Is there a good program to do it? C4D, photoshop, illustrator?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Pencil and paper.

Only after then think about doing it digitally - I'd personally recommend OmniGraffle, as it's fairly powerful but easy to use and should do the diagrams you want.

YESimBLUNTED

macrumors member
As the above poster said, I would start with pencil and paper. Then I would probably move to some sort of CAD software. Although you could possibly do it in PS or AI, CAD is going to be the best to work in. It will be in 3D and give you the best options for output when you need to print drafts or make a mock-up with a 3D printer. I believe things like that need to be made using vector programs, so you might as well forget PS.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
As the above poster said, I would start with pencil and paper. Then I would probably move to some sort of CAD software. Although you could possibly do it in PS or AI, CAD is going to be the best to work in. It will be in 3D and give you the best options for output when you need to print drafts or make a mock-up with a 3D printer. I believe things like that need to be made using vector programs, so you might as well forget PS.

I think all he wants is to create a business plan if you will, so I don't think 3D is required.

I imagine Squilly was envisaging something like what I attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 158
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.