Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I've been wanting to do this, but just haven't taken the time to come up with a system that works for me. Hopefully soon, though. I'd much rather be able to access any document like that in seconds rather than digging through a filing cabinet. Especially for receipts and crap when the end of the year comes up.

CJS7070

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I own a ScanSnap myself - well worth the cost. I scan to Evernote - most of my scanned stuff are documents and notes, though.

Silverman23

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
Try the german product sceye

Haven't you heard of sceyeX? Its a document camera from germany.. you should check out the site at http://www.sceye.eu it's a little ex-y but the functionality and flexibility is great and you can use it for all sized documents and objects as it is not a feeder or flatbed. No maintenance costs as there are no moving parts. worth a look at least. and the mac software is really good.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Haven't you heard of sceyeX? Its a document camera from germany.. you should check out the site at http://www.sceye.eu it's a little ex-y but the functionality and flexibility is great and you can use it for all sized documents and objects as it is not a feeder or flatbed. No maintenance costs as there are no moving parts. worth a look at least. and the mac software is really good.

Interesting. Is that price $500 euro for the basic version? Seems easy, but I'd want to see the results and it's twice as expensive as my ScanSnap which does both sides at once.

BTW, I've very happy with my scanner. No, I'm not paperless, but instead of having to dig through folders, having documents lost in the file cabinet, it's all electronic and it saves me on filing time cause the stuff I still keep just goes in a single pile in a storage cabinet by year. The idea is that unless unusual circumstances, I'll never have to dig for it. :)

Silverman23

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2013
Interesting. Is that price $500 euro for the basic version? Seems easy, but I'd want to see the results and it's twice as expensive as my ScanSnap which does both sides at once.

BTW, I've very happy with my scanner. No, I'm not paperless, but instead of having to dig through folders, having documents lost in the file cabinet, it's all electronic and it saves me on filing time cause the stuff I still keep just goes in a single pile in a storage cabinet by year. The idea is that unless unusual circumstances, I'll never have to dig for it. :)

Yeah it is 500€. I guess it comes down to what you need it for, the non-contact feature comes in handy if you are scanning stapled pages ect. They have a 30day money back return. But if the scansnap suits your requirements, great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.