Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1, 2013, 02:20 AM   #1
drymac
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Question Waiting for the iPad mini 2?

Hi guys,

I follow all MacRumors quite heavily and tend to make my decisions based on what the rumors are saying.

I've been following the iPad mini 2 rumors since the start of the year as I would really like to get one.

Today, I looked at one in-store and the display bugged me (compared to my iPhone 5). Probably not so much that I wouldn't buy one, but I was thinking I'd wait for the iPad mini 2.

At the start of the year, people pegged a March release, then an April release, then a May release, then an October release, then possibly a June release at WWDC and now a December release due to retina based issues (confusing, sorry)

How much should I let rumors impact my purchasing decisions? An iPad mini is not something I need ASAP, but I don't know if I can wait until December.....

I'm literally just keen to hear some of your opinions on release date/anything iPad mini 2 and whether I should wait.

This would help me a lot, thanks guys.
drymac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 02:42 AM   #2
DesertEagle
macrumors 6502a
 
DesertEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: /home @ 127.0.0.1
I'm on iPad 2 now, waiting for the release of iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 so that I can compare them before I buy. iPad 5 is rumored to be 25 % lighter than the iPad 4 and to have a form-factor which by itself will make it more comfortable to hold.

Release date is known by Apple only, but I hope there'll be an announcement about this on the WWDC in June. I do want a retina mini, but I won't buy it until the iPad 5 is out anyway.
DesertEagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 04:27 AM   #3
fullauto
macrumors 6502a
 
fullauto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Brisbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by drymac View Post
Hi guys,

I follow all MacRumors quite heavily and tend to make my decisions based on what the rumors are saying.

I've been following the iPad mini 2 rumors since the start of the year as I would really like to get one.
Buy now, keep it in good nick and sell prior to iPad mini 2 release if the upgrades / retina etc. happen. You'll no doubt get a good return for your original purchase. Planning to do the same with the 13" Air I purchased a few months ago.
fullauto is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 07:36 AM   #4
Samtb
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertEagle View Post
I'm on iPad 2 now, waiting for the release of iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 so that I can compare them before I buy. iPad 5 is rumored to be 25 % lighter than the iPad 4 and to have a form-factor which by itself will make it more comfortable to hold.

Release date is known by Apple only, but I hope there'll be an announcement about this on the WWDC in June. I do want a retina mini, but I won't buy it until the iPad 5 is out anyway.
It may be that even Apple don't know exactly yet, depending on what stage they're at with it.
Samtb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 11:37 AM   #5
darngooddesign
macrumors G3
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
If you have been following the rumors then you know as much as anyone else in regards to when the Mini 2 will be released. There is no reason to expect any new revelations, just rehashing of what you already know.

There is nothing wrong with waiting for something you really want, you can buy the current one and sell it right before the new one is released. You will loose approx 30% on the value; if you buy a used one you might land a good deal which will take away some of the depreciation sting.

It all depends on what your finances are like and how much you are comfortable loosing in resale.
__________________
128 giggity... giggity... gigg-i-ty
Lego Apple Store
darngooddesign is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 07:55 PM   #6
DeafRaiders
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Caotbridge (outside Glasgow, UK)
I am in the same boat. I have iPad 1st Gen (yes the heavy one), not longer gets iOS updates unless jailbreak, so I am looking for an upgrade but keeping me iPad for long in flight entertainment for vacations.

I want an iPad mini for surfing on the got tethering with my iPhone 5 on journey to and back to work,which will make my bag lighter. Not sure if I should wait till iPad Mini 2 or a drop price how does retina display compare to normal display. My dad got a iPad 3 for Xmas last year. I am not a fan of it to be fair, it's still too big for a train journey and most of the time I am standing on the train.
DeafRaiders is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad Mini stuck at waiting for iPad (iOS 7.1 Installation) shahrezsyed iOS 7 12 Mar 8, 2014 11:33 AM
All iPads: iPad Air...Amazing. Yeah yeah... Who's still waiting for Retina Mini? nStyle iPad 56 Nov 8, 2013 05:39 PM
iPad Mini: Anyone waiting for the iPad mini 3 with TouchID? JayDH iPad 21 Nov 3, 2013 04:50 AM
iPad Mini: People Waiting for iPad Mini (Retina)? LouieSamman iPad 50 May 3, 2013 07:40 AM
Who all is waiting to see the iPad mini in person before buying it? Jacoblee23 iPad 66 Oct 29, 2012 01:22 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC