Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knaperstekt

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2013
Gothenburg
I just recently got an iMac 27". I wanted to use my old Razer Mamba for gaming.
The first day it all went well. Second day, I noticed problems in Diablo 3 as I could not hover over things. I quit the game and the same thing appears in Safari for example. Cursor doesn't change when I hover over a hyperlink etc. Also the dock froze. It works, but doesn't animate anymore. If I unplug the Mamba base station everything works like it shoud (with the magic mouse)

Does any of these softwares you mention remedy my problem?

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I just recently got an iMac 27". I wanted to use my old Razer Mamba for gaming.
The first day it all went well. Second day, I noticed problems in Diablo 3 as I could not hover over things. I quit the game and the same thing appears in Safari for example. Cursor doesn't change when I hover over a hyperlink etc. Also the dock froze. It works, but doesn't animate anymore. If I unplug the Mamba base station everything works like it shoud (with the magic mouse)

Does any of these softwares you mention remedy my problem?

Which Mamba do you have (original or 2012 edition)? I would check to see if the firmware is up to date.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I feel like Steelseries makes higher quality stuff than Razer, but maybe it's just me. I only use my things for Starcraft 2, so maybe Razer is better for LoL. I don't know since I don't play that game. :p

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I feel like Steelseries makes higher quality stuff than Razer, but maybe it's just me. I only use my things for Starcraft 2, so maybe Razer is better for LoL. I don't know since I don't play that game. :p

I like Steelseries mice and mouse pads, but can't comment on their keyboards. In regards to their mice vs. Razer, I still think Razer is better overall... Steelseries has no variety. The Sensei and Kinzu might as well be the same mouse (at least shape wise). It appears they discontinued the Ikari Laser (only showing the Optical version on their site now) and their WoW/MMO mice haven't been very good.

As for their keyboards, my preference is still with Razer because they actually make Mac layout keyboards. This is not based on user experience, as I mentioned not having used a Steelseries keyboard, but Razer supports Mac more... I just wish they had Mac layouts for all their keyboards, or at least the ones I like. :p

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
I like Steelseries mice and mouse pads, but can't comment on their keyboards. In regards to their mice vs. Razer, I still think Razer is better overall... Steelseries has no variety. The Sensei and Kinzu might as well be the same mouse (at least shape wise). It appears they discontinued the Ikari Laser (only showing the Optical version on their site now) and their WoW/MMO mice haven't been very good.

As for their keyboards, my preference is still with Razer because they actually make Mac layout keyboards. This is not based on user experience, as I mentioned not having used a Steelseries keyboard, but Razer supports Mac more... I just wish they had Mac layouts for all their keyboards, or at least the ones I like. :p

Steelseries takes a different approach than Razer - its target market is more hardcore gamers. The Sensei and Kinzu might look very similar but the performance is night and day. Their main focus is not the aesthetics.
Razer targets the more general/casual users who can afford a better mouse than the $10 Logitech. That will require more "flashy" design ($$$) to appeal to the general masses. They don't make bad products per se, but for the same price Steelseries will always offer better performance while Razer will offer better looks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.