Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xyzzydude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2013
My iPhone5 and my wife's iPhone5S as well as our iPads, all running iOS7, have compatibility problems with our home ASUS wifi router. We don't have these problems in other locations but at home wifi will often freeze (i.e., device says it's attached but can't access the network, and non Apple devices keep trucking along).

What wifi routers work well with Apple mobile devices on iOS7? (Besides the Apple routers).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It seems that it's likely that there are much fewer of those that might have some issues than those that work well, as most should. In a lot of cases it could even be some sort of (mis)configuration and/or firmware of the router that could be causing some issues. Have you tried to maybe change some settings or even reset the router to factory settings and set it up again to see if that would fix the issues? Alternatively, although it's less likely to be behind it, you can try resetting network settings on iOS devices as well to see if that might make a difference.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
If your non-Apple devices are working OK it"s unlikely the problem is with your routers setup. However, it may pay to check your iPhone's wifi settings.

However, for total reliability and compatibility with iPhones etc., the Airport Express, even though it may be slightly more expensive than some routers, can be thoroughly recommended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.