Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

travistaylor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Anyone thrown either of these games at their new iMac? Just wondering how the 21.5" handles these two games...

Thanks!

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
Anyone thrown either of these games at their new iMac? Just wondering how the 21.5" handles these two games...

Thanks!

I am looking forward to this too.

I will be installing World of Warcraft, Diablo III, and Starcraft II onto my machine when I receive it. It will be the 21.5" with the GT 650m, Fusion, 8gb, i5 3470s.

I will have a very detailed analysis for the forum in the next 2 weeks!

Hakone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2011
Southern California
I am looking forward to this too.

I will be installing World of Warcraft, Diablo III, and Starcraft II onto my machine when I receive it. It will be the 21.5" with the GT 650m, Fusion, 8gb, i5 3470s.

I will have a very detailed analysis for the forum in the next 2 weeks!

When you get a chance, could you post your FPS on high and/or ultra settings when raiding in WoW? I'm deciding if the 21.5" is sufficient since i play WoW more than any other game.

Thanks!

Johnf1285

macrumors 6502a
Dec 25, 2010
When you get a chance, could you post your FPS on high and/or ultra settings when raiding in WoW? I'm deciding if the 21.5" is sufficient since i play WoW more than any other game.

Thanks!

Certainly. I just need to convince my wife to hand over Mists of Pandaria to me before Christmas! :D

----------

Does anyone know if the water effect issue has been resolved yet with OS X? I recall last time I was on a Mac playing Wow, that having the water effects higher than the base would result in multi-sampling not working. It also sucked up a lot of resources as it was supposedly a hack job to implement those new features in Open GL. Any input on that?

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
I plan on playing these eventually, but I'd first like to get some decent quality time with Civ 5 that I got cheap on Steam. My 3 year old MacBook cries every time I boot that game even with 8 Gigs of RAM and the graphics set to Ultra Poor! Oh well, that will all change in slightly over 3 weeks!

Hesays

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
I play diablo and have played mop on my late 2009 iMac on high settings and it runs great. So the 2012 iMac should blow them out of the water

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.