Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

schhflap

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2012
Hilton Head, SC
Over the years, I have ordered many items from MacMall with no problems. However, on 11/30 when I ordered a 21.5" iMac with fusion drive from them, I was told to expect 2 to 3 week delivery timeframe. That has now slipped to shipping on 12/31 at the earliest. I ordered a Superdrive and Applecare at the same time, which were shipped the next day. I was informed when I called MacMall,that the Applecare would start on the day ordered, not when I received the iMac, so I will apparently lose at least 30 days of coverage. Has anyone else encountered a similar situation?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
AppleCare starts from the date on the receipt, yes.

Although this title is quite dramatic, this is a thread on the exact same issue I think:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1510348/

When ordering something new, like the newly designed iMac, I always think it is best to order straight from Apple. This way you get it from the "source" technically. MacMall is only going to get the stock that they get. They have apparently (see google) made some wacky promises and even claimed to have gotten stock the same day Apple had stock. I can't confirm that myself, clearly, but I think that MacMall may have messed this up slightly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.